Respondous

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Overlanding
On top I only had the tent, and the deck (deck was only attached after I setup camp). The side bars is where i had gas and water. about 40lbs (8 gal) gas side and 32lb (8gal) water side. I never noticed any issues on or off road.
Phew, maybe I will be alright. This is my setup that I have but I won’t end up using most especially offroad. I think I can push the rtt over the cab onto my jet stream bars to help distribute weight off the overhaul and onto my cab.

CVTMt Hood dbl channel RTT: 216lbs
Shower awning = 25lbs
Short bed bars 9.46lbs
2 2gal RotopGas 31lbs
Rotopax Adapters 2lbs
= 285.5lbs

over the cab:
Roadshower 7g 77lbs (25lbs empty)
Yakima Recovey track Adapter 3.2lbs
Recovery Track = 15.5lbs
= 95.7lbs

Total weight = 383lbs

Reactions: K12

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Phew, maybe I will be alright. This is my setup that I have but I won’t end up using most especially offroad. I think I can push the rtt over the cab onto my jet stream bars to help distribute weight off the overhaul and onto my cab.

CVTMt Hood dbl channel RTT: 216lbs
Shower awning = 25lbs
Short bed bars 9.46lbs
2 2gal RotopGas 31lbs
Rotopax Adapters 2lbs
= 285.5lbs

over the cab:
Roadshower 7g 77lbs (25lbs empty)
Yakima Recovey track Adapter 3.2lbs
Recovery Track = 15.5lbs
= 95.7lbs

Total weight = 383lbs
An idea thta may or may not work for you. Have you thought about creating a platform from the HD bars up to the jet stream bars. This would sitribute the weight over the cab and bed. doesnt need to be a solid platform but some 1" square tube steel/aluminum that spans the entire length. Would likely give you more ability to play with the layout as well.