Rank I

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hokanson
Member #

Hi guys! I’m getting ready to leave on the 13th of this month to Mammoth, Yosemite, Sequoia, back to Death Valley. Then over to Zion and finish at Joshua Tree. I’ll be gone for almost three weeks. My question is, I’m doing this solo. Any suggestions on overland and camping by yourself. Any thing I should be aware of or any experience you guys might have had. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi guys! I’m getting ready to leave on the 13th of this month to Mammoth, Yosemite, Sequoia, back to Death Valley. Then over to Zion and finish at Joshua Tree. I’ll be gone for almost three weeks. My question is, I’m doing this solo. Any suggestions on overland and camping by yourself. Any thing I should be aware of or any experience you guys might have had. Any help appreciated! Thanks
No advise but I hope you come back with lots of good pictures and text for your adventure. I should be doing something similar in the early spring and going solo as well. Be safe and enjoy your adventure.

Reactions: grubworm

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Tioga Pass, Hwy 120, is already closed, so it's a long drive around from Mammoth to Yosemite. If you go boondocking and the road/trail gets sketchy, get out and walk it a bit rather than getting into a sticky turnaround or long reverse.
You are in SD, so I'd do Yosemite, Sequoia (they even open?) then go to the East side of the Sierras. In the desert you can often just drive out of sight of the road and camp the night, practice Leave no Trace. Fuel is more $$$ in parks.
Take pictures.

Reactions: Lil Bear

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Come join us for the Northwest Conference Call: Everything Just Went Sideways Sunday November 8th @ 7:30 pm Pacific Time as we discuss precautions to take while adventuring alone in the back country.

Welcome to Overland Bound.

By the way this forum is dedicated to disabled overlanders and their needs.

Last edited: