Annual NEF Toys4Tots, Windham VT

• HTML tutorial

Air the flatlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Woodbury CT
Member #

Posting our charity event, which might be our last one at our home away from home, Pete's Camp in Windham VT. If you ever wanted to come to this, this may be your last chance to experience it as what it has become over the past few years, since we moved the event up to Pete's years ago. Details below....

NEF's toy drive/charity event along with VT State Police, hosted at Pete's Camp

Quick points to brush up on...

Where is it again? 564 Harrington Rd, Windham VT

It's free? Yup! But you better bring toys. We have VT State Police cruisers to stuff, kids in need, so let's not fall short. *For those CAMPING* $20 dollar donation per vehicle per night. Please don't be stingy on this. The land we use is not cheap to maintain and keep stocked with wood etc. We will put up a collection bin for campers which goes to Pete's Camp.

When can I arrive?
Friday arrival for those who choose and are looking to camp. Some of NEF will arrive Friday and early Sat at random times. If for some reason you find yourself at Pete's Camp and don't see anyone around there are a couple things to keep in mind to keep our host happy
-dont drive thru the mud
-dont hack down trees to make another spot when you have a whole field to choose from
-stay off the stone walls (those are all hand built by Peter H himself)
-use portable fire pits, or existing fire pits. Please don't dig your own. There are multiple ones avail on site.
-And don't be a huge dbag.

When do I ultimately need to be there?
Saturday morning is the big day. Toy Drive/collection between 9-10. As you enter camp there will be a group of small outbuildings (cook shack, warming hut, etc) This is base camp. Come here to drop off your toys, get your decals, eat, and chill by any of the three big fires. PLEASE stick around till 10am before heading out on your own adventures for the weekend. We have a few things we'd like to say (mostly thank yous) but also would like the chance to talk to you as a group.

I want free shit, what do I get?
If this is your concern, do us a favor and go find something else to do. For those who do show, I take a ton of pride in this event. Each year tops the years prior. I am confident to say prior participants would agree it's an awesome experience to be a part of this event. It's a great group (chairty events tend to filter out the non desirable), the location is beautiful, and you become a part of something much bigger than yourself. What better way to kick off the holiday season.

We will hopefully be picking up some local farm fresh breakfast items which will be provided to you by some of our volunteers in the cook shack Saturday morning around 830, fires will be cranking. Free swag? No. Good Karma? Absolutely

When do you take me wheeling? We don't. Let's face it, most of you are not new to this and know the area well. Overuse and trail use in general is always a delicate subject, one of which we will not be liable for. For those who are new and looking to explore a bit and get some trail miles, take advantage of time around the campfire and network. This is your chance to meet with some amazing people of a walks of life, and of all experience levels. Get together with a few people and head out to wonder VT. Come back and tell us what cool stuff you did around the fire.

Once the toy drive is complete you are free to do as you wish. This trip is what you make it. I'm super stoked to see all of you.

It's a small group but a good one. I'd like you all to feel open to just hang out and enjoy the property this year.

What else is there to do? I don't even know where to begin, but there is a lot to see, on and off road. We are happy to help, and so are other participants who are familiar with the area. Don't be afraid to ask.

The event is rain/snow or shine.

Any issues please reach out.

Attachments