Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wellington, NV 89444, USA
First Name
Cary
Last Name
Towery
'21 Gladiator Build

Question for those with Solar..I see most setups with the cables entering at the rear rather than the front seems it would be better to enter from the front as less amount of line that has to opened and fold as the tops opened and closed. I'll have 400w's and am using 8 guage wires down. Canopy Camper install. It didn't come prewired for Solar its a early version. I'm using a Scanstrut Double Horizontal Cable Seal | DS-HD10-BLK to bring the 2ea cables inside.

Also I am going to use a Litime 230ah battery, any ideas how to support/mount this .

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
You are definitely correct in running wires at front, way less slop to handle. I don't have Alu-Cab but have a Tune, however have been doing a lot of wiring.

I would mount the 230ah battery up front on floor, against pickup cab wall, to distribute that big weight properly and keep center of gravity low. Also where your solar wires come in, and most mount their electronics up front.

They have plastic marine battery boxes to hold batteries for many sizes. I would use one for this, and consider putting a reptile or fishtank heating matt inside there with some insulation too, if your battery is not self heated... can't charge it below 32f, and most BMS stop discharge down near 0f, so if you camp anywhere cold it is good to keep your battery working!

My buddy was in CO in Jan, went to set up his canopy camper, couldn't start his diesel heater because lifepo4 battery BMS stopped discharge at 0f. Because of this, I have a 1536Wh power station that I carry in cab while driving, if cold, and move to camper when I stop. You could do same with a small 300wh unit for $200, to let you get heater going to warm up your 230ah battery too.

caryt

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wellington, NV 89444, USA
First Name
Cary
Last Name
Towery
Good ideas thanks. The battery has a 32* charging cutoff so good on that front. I thought about using small heating pad 's on the 2ea long sides.
I'll insulate the battery box with closed cell neoprene.

The Redvision Manager 30 system will get mounted in a GP Factor panel in back on the drivers side.