First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6POR
Hi there,

Finally retired my Outback with 215k and just put a deposit on a 4Runner Off Road. I needed a bigger boat. My kid is graduating college in May so it is kind of a graduation present to myself. It'll be here this week. Figured I'd drop in and say hello even though my overland capabilities at the moment are limited to my mt. bike or hiking shoes. Looking forward to getting out there soon, very soon.

B

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there,

Finally retired my Outback with 215k and just put a deposit on a 4Runner Off Road. I needed a bigger boat. My kid is graduating college in May so it is kind of a graduation present to myself. It'll be here this week. Figured I'd drop in and say hello even though my overland capabilities at the moment are limited to my mt. bike or hiking shoes. Looking forward to getting out there soon, very soon.

B
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Chief Brody

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Almost legit huh? I’d say with a 4runner you’ll be legit! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Our next meet up will be April 11th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: Chief Brody

Chief Brody

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6POR
Almost legit huh? I’d say with a 4runner you’ll be legit! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Our next meet up will be April 11th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Thanks, Dave. Well, we can finally scratch the "almost" from my previous post as my 4Runner arrived yesterday. It's in the driveway now. Not sure if we can make the meetup this Sunday since we may be putting together an initial tester voyage. We'll see. Looking forward to it all! B

Reactions: PapaDave

GreenLine74

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hi there,

B
Congratulations and welcome