jakesname

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver
First Name
jake
Last Name
d
Has anyone used these things? I'm not getting a RTT and don't see a trailer in my future anytime soon. Right now I got a Hilleberg Staika (it is immune to wind and heavy rain or snow). The Gazelle just doesn't seem like it will handle severe weather. The Opus trailers can handle high winds and I'm wondering if anyone has used an air tent, like the ones seen here https://www.outdoorxl.com/tents/all-tents/inflatable-tents/4-man-inflatable-tents.html

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
60mph gusts all night long like you get in moab, wyoming, colorado
Thank you for that comment. Over the past 40 years or so we’ve been through a multitude of tents. Then, about 15 years ago we began heading west and quickly learned the difference between our old school Coleman tents, and well built 3 & 4 season tents. However, I digress; To your question - I equate inflatable tents to old school inflatable mattresses. One tiny little leak, from anything or anywhere, and you’re packing up and headed to the nearest tent store. Buy yourself a good three season tent & be done with it. REI, Kingdome series tents, reasonably priced and will do well in high winds & rain. However, their design allows a lot of sand to blow in and they do not hold heat. Oztent, wow, just wow, however, be prepared to alter your tetras game strategy for packing. Ours is a Jettent25X and is 48” x 18” or so when packed and travels up on the rack. RTTs? We have a high end soft tent, and it was worth every penny. ( my candid review is coming up ) good luck with your choice, as there are a plethora of really good tents that your grandkids will eventually inherit and use. There are also a plethora of posers that end up in your front yard with a “free” sign next to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: smritte