Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

There is a great post in the forum that I read about 2 months ago; thought I had saved it or bookmarked it but now I can 't find it. The article described pros/cons of different methods of lifting a vehicle; lift kits, suspension lifts and hybrid/combos. The problem is I can't find the thread! Can someone out there help? OB members are great, so I have high confidence that someone will point me where the article is or provide a link.

I have stock suspension right now but am thinking of going with the suspension lift using the Bilstein shocks, but I want study the article more before doing anything.

Thanks to all who help/respond to this thread. Or perhaps you can describe what type of suspension modifications you made to your vehicle and why you like of don't like the outcome. BTW, I have a 2008 (4th gen) 4Runner Limited. Thanks again.

jmjardine

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
J
Member #

Hey Redfish, I spent a ton of time on this last year. Bought a 2019 4runner TRD Pro with the Fox system. Incredible ride stock. I then got greedy and wanted to fit 33's so did a Revtek spacer lift to try and keep the Fox system I paid up for with the Pro model. This gave me an equivalent 3" lift and with a body mount chop, allowed for 33's easy. But, it just wasn't the same and the spacers through everything off. long story short, I ended up installing OME BP-51's with heavy springs for all the weight I added (front/rear bumpers, sliders, RTT, etc.,) and now have a brand new Fox suspension sitting in my garage. I love the BP-51's, but if I could do it over again, I would have put on about 50K miles with the stock suspension!