JJLove

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Skagit Valley, Washington, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Fields
Hey all - have a buddy coming up to visit from CA in early June and want to show him all the wonders of the PNW. Was wondering if anyone has recommendations/coordinates for good dispersed camping sites. He’s more of a camper than an overlander, so while we will drive out to some remote locations, we won’t be making it the whole weekend.

Ideally a river or elevated view would be involved with some historical sites/day hiking nearby.

I am in Skagit Valley so North Cascades would be the simplest, but would consider anywhere. Just don’t want to spend 7 hours on pavement to get to say, Mt. Rainier. Lol.

I appreciate any and all recommendations and secret spots you are willing to share!

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

All my secret stash spots would be about 7 hours from you so I'm of no help. There is some members up your direction though so maybe they'll chime in to give you some ideas. If you haven't yet, go to the " Overland Bound Routes Downloadable" section of the forum and filter by northwest, might find some trails in there close to you. Not sure how long the drive would be but there is some good trails up around the Leavenworth area and Lake Wenatchee. Might be a little closer than 7 hrs.