Member I

Corinth, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Galindo
Member #

Morning everyone,

I'm curious who has gone overlanding in the Adirondacks. Where did you go? Did you have any issues? Have any pictures. me and a couple of guys are looking to go out sometime this summer. Thank you!

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Morning everyone,

I'm curious who has gone overlanding in the Adirondacks. Where did you go? Did you have any issues? Have any pictures. me and a couple of guys are looking to go out sometime this summer. Thank you!
I have, but it wasn't 100% trails. I've been going up there for years and love it there. Best thing you can do is download ioverlander. It'll guide you through a lot. However, ADK is huge so you'll want to pinpoint a starting place. We always start around Saratoga and head north from there because it's always a family trip. You've got Lake George, Lake Placid, etc etc. There's also a NY state parks guide and campground guide at most of the state offices.

Reactions: Road

Righteous load

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Corinth, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Galindo
Member #

Yeah, I live up here and its not really known what is safe and legal for overlanding. I did see a place up past Moose Lake was mentioned on here, so that might be where we look, but ideally we'd like more of a light trail ride with the ability to camp.

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
I run a lot of state forests around schoharie county and surrounding ... not the adk , but still cool ... Some designated campsites and some nice woods riding nothing too extreme

Righteous load

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Corinth, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Galindo
Member #

Awesome where at? A couple of us were thinking of moose river plains but we called DEC and they said its strictly for snow machines during the winter.

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
yeah most trails are the same story here .. a lot of the roads become snow mobile trail in the winter ...there are a few still ok .. I believe Betty brook rd camp site still accessible lots of ice under snow though so watch that

Righteous load

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Corinth, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Galindo
Member #

What do y'all think of a meet and greet for us upstate New Yorkers? I see one in NH for March but that's a 4 hr drive for me and I kinda want to see where people go in NY. I don't know, it's just a thought. Plus....
tenor.gif