Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Oct 23, I left to Baja, via highway 1. I have a charity along the way and stopped off to drop off stuff to a bunch of old guys. They are great and always happy to anybody and the stuff always goes to a good cause. Then headed to Bahia de Los Angeles. For this trip I posted up a Dagget’s for a couple of nights. I was there to swim with the whale sharks, The Saturday trips were booked on we set up Sunday. Saturday I paddled to one of the island and fished most of the day. Saturday night the wind picked up and was blowing in the morning. No whale trips that day.

I traveled south to Bahia Las Animas set up camp on the beach. Next morning went fishing off the yak again. Very fun and good for 7 species. I headed back to camp about 9:30. By 11:00 it was blowing 35mph with bigger gusts. I was on the road by 12:00, headed south. Great 100 miles of dirt road, I was headed to El Barril, at the turn off it was still blowing hard and I couldn’t get out to El Barril and back to the highway before dark so I went to Guerrero Negro to see a friend. I didn’t want to send a windy night at El Barril if I didn’t have to.

Next day we went to a cave with 7000 year old cave paintings, extremely cool. My friend is a guide and is great. If you are going to see cave paintings the law is you must have a guide. Hit me up if want his info.

Oct 28 I drove south to San Roque bay. I spent a couple of days fishing the area with lots of fish. There are couple of residents and I was mostly left alone. The loberster fish men began to show up about 6:00 in the morning.

I spent a night a friends B&B in Asunción and caught on each other’s life’s. The fishing is very good right now for Yellow Tail, 30 to 40 pounds.

The following morning drove south to Abreojos and La Bocana camped on the point and surf and fished for a few more days. I got the heads up there was a big north swell coming. And bolted back to BdLA to snorkel with the whale sharks.
If you can get in the water with whale sharks do it. It is so much fun and they are so big. The largest was over 35-40 feet. I swam with 5 total and the vis was 30 feet. Very cool.

After the whale sharks I jumped to the wall for a couple more days with head high plus surf. Left spent and night in San Felipe and returning home on the 10th.

Total miles 2049 front door to front door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy DGO