First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
7 days 1700 km or about 1056 miles about 800 off road zero issues other than one heater hose clamp vibrating loose. 10 Land rovers of various types, 13 adults, 1 little one and 2 dogs.

My Discovery at 7350 Ft near Perkins Peak, I will do a more complete report later this week.

The GPS capture from the APRS on my VHF radio of the route, hi-way travel from and back to the Vancouver area is not included as my radio was off. Greenish line is the route track.

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
The odd gods of the universe were in agreement and I was able to do this trip.

The route from my APRS GPS track less the trip to/from Lillooet to home by highway, about 1700 km or about 1056 miles with 800 miles off road.

The group consisted of 1 Discovery, 1 new Defender, 1 LR3, 1 P38 and 6 Defenders. 13 adults, one child and 2 dogs a Greyhound (Oliver) and a Mastiff (Roo).

Missing one Defender more on that below

My day started at 7:00 am, I tossed the electronics, food and shotgun in the truck and was on the road right on time a 7:30 for the 1.5 to 2 hour drive to Squamish BC where we were meeting up. This is a 137 KM or 85 mile drive, that last bit being very scenic As I reached Squamish I realized I likely was short of propane so I stopped and picked up 2 more green bottles .
Meeting up with the group we had our 1st issue, one of the Defenders brake and headlights stopped working. After a 1/2 hour of troubleshooting they decided to go and have it checked out and meet up with us later. As we got ready to leave a second Defender did not want to start, and just for fun had some white smoke in the cab, this was determined to be a dodgy bit of fuel line that was leaking a bit which we could fix in camp.
From Squamish we drove to Lillooet BC for the a fuel up and the start of gravel, this was about 189 KM or 177 miles, of very pleasant highway driving.

Reactions: MazeVX

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
From Lillooet we hit the Pavilion FSR heading for French bar creek, this is wide easy run FSR for the most part, although there are a few tight spots further up.

There was a major forest fire through here 2 years ago

Camp at French Bar creek was setup, and while we sat around our fire a mixed group of Toyota's and Jeeps camped on the other side, we had great fun trying to decide what group was playing on their music, they quieted down nicely at around 10:00 pm. It was frosty when I went to sleep and warmed up to a balmy -5C (23F) by 8:00am. This turned out to be the coldest night of the trip.

The car in the one image was there when we got there and there when we left, but there are hiking trails in the area. More to follow.

My 04 Discovery II

Reactions: MazeVX