5th gen T4R build. Ditched Jeep after 26yrs!

• HTML tutorial

jeepman

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Columbia, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Duke
Member #

This will be a slow build as I am switching from four wheeling to overlanding and changing platforms. I have been a die hard Jeep guy for 26 years and worked as a Jeep master tech for 16 of them. I will be documenting along the way and appreciate any input as I am new to Toyota. That said here is my start. A clean 2010 Limited that I was lucky enough to get a deal on. One owner and all maintenance performed at the dealer. 36974BDC-DBB3-4A30-9569-0DE1C3EF6D8C.jpeg

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Sad to have one leave the jeep family LOL. This should be a good build by the sounds of things. I almost considered getting rid of mine this year for something a little more comfortable and better on fuel but I just can't bring myself to do it LOL.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

This will be a slow build as I am switching from four wheeling to overlanding and changing platforms. I have been a die hard Jeep guy for 26 years and worked as a Jeep master tech for 16 of them. I will be documenting along the way and appreciate any input as I am new to Toyota. That said here is my start. A clean 2010 Limited that I was lucky enough to get a deal on. One owner and all maintenance performed at the dealer. View attachment 134770
Great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build. Welcome to the dark side....haha.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
This will be a slow build as I am switching from four wheeling to overlanding and changing platforms. I have been a die hard Jeep guy for 26 years and worked as a Jeep master tech for 16 of them. I will be documenting along the way and appreciate any input as I am new to Toyota. That said here is my start. A clean 2010 Limited that I was lucky enough to get a deal on. One owner and all maintenance performed at the dealer. View attachment 134770
Glad to see another come over to Toyota.. You'll love it and you may have to change your screenname... :sunglasses:

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Wow, that's a super-pretty rig to start with! Off-topic, but any advice for me before I dive into the timing set and hydraulic lash adjusters in my 4.7 HO (long-story, but I was going to just replace a radiator and then... and then... and then...)? The thread is here if you have any thoughts or advice as a Jeep Master Tech: 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Build

-TJ

Reactions: JCWages

jeepman

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Columbia, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Duke
Member #

So I’m almost a year in and have made some progress. Stiil a ways to go. Ditched the running boards, VOR wheels and 33” M/T’s, 3” Old Man Emu/Bilstein lift, Victory rear bumper w/ tire carrier, and 3rd row delete!

Attachments

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Coming along nicely! I'm in the middle of planning my own T4R overland build and your choices are quite helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeepman

rblumenthal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Suffolk, NY, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Blu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUF742
Looking good! I am slowly starting to add stuff to my '17 SR5P. Just need to get the wife onboard.... our 2 boys (3 and 5) see pictures of people out exploring and want to go do it!

Reactions: jeepman