Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
I’m looking at options for a rear bumper. I’d really like to: 1) increase departure angle, 2) get the spare out from under the truck, and 3) keep it low profile and light.

The first bumper I’ve found that does this is https://nguyenworksusa.com/shop/ols/products/5th-gen-4runner-single-swingout-steel-plated-rear-bumper

This one comes in at 120lbs. It dramatically increases the departure angle, but does so by removing the rear cross member/tow hitch and replaces with the heavier gauge steel of the bumper. It interesting, but also pretty invasive. Are any OBers running the Nguyen Works bumper? What are your experiences and thoughts?

The other one with potential is 2010-2021 4RUNNER REAR BUMPER 5th GEN

No significant increase in departure angle, but no impact to the frame either.

Kindly, S

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Not running either but from looking at their site, the bumper looks very well built. I say this because I fab most of my own stuff. Removing the rear cross member normally isn't an issue because it only reinforces the frame a little, the bumper reinforces the area better due to its size. On my Cruiser, I cut the same brace out and I believe my bumper is close to the same weight. Quite a few are as much as 50 pounds heavier with the swing out.