5lb Propane Tank

• HTML tutorial

LBBronc90

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA
Member #

Anyone knoe where I can by a 5lb propane tank in the in the south LA/north OC area?
Thanks

Last edited:

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Lowes can order in one for you. Propane tanks are not always the easiest to get delivered, as they are a hazmat issue. I ordered mine online and had it shipped to store. Try Ace Hardware also, they had a better price.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Lowes can order in one for you. Propane tanks are not always the easiest to get delivered, as they are a hazmat issue. I ordered mine online and had it shipped to store. Try Ace Hardware also, they had a better price.
You can just buy one from blue rhino bin out front, and then not return it. They charge you for the tank anyways unless you bring back a tank to turn in.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Although wildly expensive, but in a pinch i have gone to WestMarine and grabbed some stuff. They have the worthington stainless tankes, verticle small. made for boats obviously....but again, expsnive, however if you want to get some hands on it its a place to see them.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Although wildly expensive, but in a pinch i have gone to WestMarine and grabbed some stuff. They have the worthington stainless tankes, verticle small. made for boats obviously....but again, expsnive, however if you want to get some hands on it its a place to see them.
I think the 5lb tanks are expensive, stainless or not!

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

I think the 5lb tanks are expensive, stainless or not!
I have been looking at getting one for my smitty trailer but after watching my buddy heater suck down 1 gal in 2 hours, i think maybe bigger is better for my setup.

what are you running with the 5 gal? just a stove or anything else?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have been looking at getting one for my smitty trailer but after watching my buddy heater suck down 1 gal in 2 hours, i think maybe bigger is better for my setup.

what are you running with the 5 gal? just a stove or anything else?
I just run my stove off the 5lb. When I upgrade to heaters and such, I’ll also mount a 20lb.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Just as a reminder on those 1lb tanks - get the adapter to refill them from the larger propane tanks. It's easy, and prevents us from having to dispose them. I've been doing that recently to keep a couple of the green 1lb'ers in my ARB drawers.

I too have a 5lb tank on my trailer. Definitely works out nicely for long weekends.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Just as a reminder on those 1lb tanks - get the adapter to refill them from the larger propane tanks. It's easy, and prevents us from having to dispose them. I've been doing that recently to keep a couple of the green 1lb'ers in my ARB drawers.

I too have a 5lb tank on my trailer. Definitely works out nicely for long weekends.
recycled one and that same though occurred to me. not sure what i was thinking....good call.

Reactions: sabjku

dg333

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Stv
Last Name
DMg
Member #

I just ordered the 17lb composite one from viking, I'll try and post a pic of it next to a 20lb steel one

steve