Enthusiast II

Peterborough, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Bonathan
Member #

I have a question for you guys.

I am looking at getting a 4Runner. it is a 2015 sr5 has 291527km, I know the market is inflated right now but it is one of the cheaper certfied ones I have found.

The dealer is asking 26k + tax(probably room to negotiate)

my question is would you guys even consider this truck?

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

You could do much better at 25k. While inflated, I’m in silly California prices and 25k would have 125-150k miles on it. If it’s fully built out, I can understand some of the bumpers and add-ons being thousands, but that’s too much especially with 291k on it.
Check Edmunds dot.com and run a search for 2015 4Runner. I just did and there’s a few with much less miles.
They’re great, but in my opinion, you could do better.

Attachments

Reactions: Advtres

Logoris

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Peterborough, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Bonathan
Member #

You could do much better at 25k. While inflated, I’m in silly California prices and 25k would have 125-150k miles on it. If it’s fully built out, I can understand some of the bumpers and add-ons being thousands, but that’s too much especially with 291k on it.
Check Edmunds dot.com and run a search for 2015 4Runner. I just did and there’s a few with much less miles.
They’re great, but in my opinion, you could do better.
Thank you. That is what I was thinking, I will keep looking. Might be better to buy from across the boarder.

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VI

Expedition Master I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
I purchased my T4R 10 months ago. It was exactly the wrong time to buy a 4Runner in CA. That said, I’ve put 20k miles on it in that time and can’t remember ever having enjoyed so many awesome adventures. I have a new appreciation for the desert and for this community.

Attachments

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

I purchased my T4R 10 months ago. It was exactly the wrong time to buy a 4Runner in CA. That said, I’ve put 20k miles on it in that time and can’t remember ever having enjoyed so many awesome adventures. I have a new appreciation for the desert and for this community.
Very nice! Great picture! What are the tires and tire size?

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VI

Expedition Master I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
Thank you. These are 285/70/17 and I am running KM3s on trails. They are wonderful off road and dreadful on the highway. I have a second set of wheels with KO2s and I quite enjoy them on them on fire roads and on the highway.