Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I'm sure some of you have seen the 3 in 1 First Aid Kit that Chris (Overlandbound MD) created and is sold on OB. Then you saw the price and by the time freight and customs was added it was really just too expensive.

So Craig Avery got me thinking and using a First Aid Kit list from Chris and sourcing kit here in the UK using EU equivalents where needed I have built my own kit.

Surprisingly much of the items we already had just spread in numerous kits in cars, house, Land Rover etc.

By using the 3 in 1 philosophy (Simple and I love this idea Kit 1 - Boo Boo cuts and scrapes, Kit 2 - Basecamp Kit, more severe kuts, grazes and burns the Kit 3 - Trauma Kit) I now have a well organised grab kit for adventure and group trips.
I have a few items still to add such as Ambu-bag to go with the CPR Mask and I want to add a good quality torch and head torch but yes I'm very happy with it so far.Packed First Aid Bag.jpgBooBoo Kit.jpgBase Camp Kit.jpgTrauma KIt.jpg3 in 1 KIts and Bag.jpg

Attachments

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

using a First Aid Kit list from Chris and sourcing kit here
That's the great thing about this community. 1) They made the lists available to everyone at no charge so if needed you could source your own kits; and 2) they made the actual kit relatively affordable if you wanted to go that route; always will have issues with international sales, imports, customs, etc. Glad you were able to pull everything together.

Reactions: Polaris Overland