Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Took just over 90 days, but my base build is complete....just in time for hunting season!

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - FX4
Icon Stage 3 Suspension
17x8.5 Mayhem Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn Ascent Bumpers (front and rear)
Warn EVO VR 10K winch
Rhino Rack Backbone with Pioneer Platform
RCI Offroad Bed Rack
Wilco Offroad Hitchgate
Shrockworks Sliders
Shrockworks Skid Package
ARB Simpson III RTT
OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

**much more to come, especially with lighting, electrical, and peripherals...but the base build is complete, and ready to get into the forest!

Attachments

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Took just over 90 days, but my base build is complete....just in time for hunting season!

Icon Stage 3 Suspension
17x8.5 Mayhem Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn EVO VR 10K winch
RCI Offroad Bed Rack
Wilco Offroad Hitchgate
Shrockworks Sliders
Shrockworks Skid Package
ARB Simpson III RTT
OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

**much more to come, especially with lighting, electrical, and peripherals...but the base build is complete, and ready to get into the forest!
Great set up!

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Nice! It looks like you need to bend your tent 'poles' up and over your awning so you can use your windows and rainfly.

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Nice! It looks like you need to bend your tent 'poles' up and over your awning so you can use your windows and rainfly.
I do indeed - I've decided to run through the setup and use it a few times before I start making bends....but, you're right, it is certainly a need.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I do indeed - I've decided to run through the setup and use it a few times before I start making bends....but, you're right, it is certainly a need.
Yeah, I was leary about making that bend too, but it is a necessity. My advice, do it at home now, so you arent trying to do it on a rock when the rain starts unexpectedly.

NVHoonigan

Rank II

Contributor III

Carson City, NV, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Van Alyne
Member #

Icon Stage 3 Suspension
17x8.5 Mayhem Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn EVO VR 10K winch
RCI Offroad Bed Rack
Wilco Offroad Hitchgate
Shrockworks Sliders
Shrockworks Skid Package
ARB Simpson III RTT
OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

Great setup! How do you like the RCI bed rack? I am definitely interested in a rack and like the look of yours.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

On the window against the cab. I ended up tying a cord through the grommet on the window and the other end a taut-line hitch. I just run it down and around my ditch light bracket then tighten. The angle works out really nicely to get the awning tight.

IMG_3154.JPG

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Great setup! How do you like the RCI bed rack? I am definitely interested in a rack and like the look of yours.
Thus far, I really like the RCI rack. Of course, nothing is perfect....I went with the shorter version (trying to save some fuel mileage with the RTT on); which does limit some height for accessories on the sides. Also, I wish RCI would include blacked out hardware...purely aesthetic....but I spent a good amount of time painting bolts black before assembling.

Reactions: NVHoonigan

Desert Rider

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Mignardot

Icon Stage 3 Suspension
17x8.5 Mayhem Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn EVO VR 10K winch
RCI Offroad Bed Rack
Wilco Offroad Hitchgate
Shrockworks Sliders
Shrockworks Skid Package
ARB Simpson III RTT
OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

Using Wilco hithgate, did you relocate your backup camera on the truck tailgate? If so, where did you get the relocation kit? Also, where did you get your kit to relocate your license plate? Thanks!

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Using Wilco hithgate, did you relocate your backup camera on the truck tailgate? If so, where did you get the relocation kit? Also, where did you get your kit to relocate your license plate? Thanks!
I'm wanting to do a tire off the rear of my truck too, but blocking the camera and backup sensors is a big deal to me. I also have a boat to tow, and I love having the camera to get on the trailer tongue! And I like backing up my driveway snug to the garage. But I'm really wanting to get that spare tire out from under my truck AND have a swing-out area I could fasten potential kitchen workspace to.

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I did not relocate my camera. Once you get a little practice, you will learn how to use the visual cues present to gauge where the tire is. The license plate relo kit was sold through Wilco, and I got it through them. I did not buy the lighting kit, so I am without a lit up plate for now. If/when I get pulled over for it, I will reassess what I want to do about it. (Luckily, I have some pretty unique license plates, and for the most part I get left alone unless doing something really stupid - knock on wood)

Desert Rider

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Mignardot
I did not relocate my camera. Once you get a little practice, you will learn how to use the visual cues present to gauge where the tire is. The license plate relo kit was sold through Wilco, and I got it through them. I did not buy the lighting kit, so I am without a lit up plate for now. If/when I get pulled over for it, I will reassess what I want to do about it. (Luckily, I have some pretty unique license plates, and for the most part I get left alone unless doing something really stupid - knock on wood)
To relocate the camera, CameraSource sells a plug-n-play camera for the Ranger that directly plugs under the rear bumper. 2019 Ford Ranger Plug & Play Camper Camera Kit, Mini Universal Cam. I have not purchased this camera.

Reactions: DrewKD

nonroader

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Capay Valley, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Ames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: W6JAA / GMRS: WRKV268
Great build! I’ve been looking for sliders for my Ranger and will likely get some Shrockworks, they’re about the best appearance I’ve seen yet. Have you put them to the test yet?

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Great build! I’ve been looking for sliders for my Ranger and will likely get some Shrockworks, they’re about the best appearance I’ve seen yet. Have you put them to the test yet?
While I have not actually slid on mine, I was out with my son and came up over a step up which I hot a bit to hard. When the truck came down the drivers side slider landed on a rock, hard. No issues at all. So glad I replaced my factory steps as they would have pushed up into the cab body on that hit. Did a quick paint touchup after cleaning and good as new. Also really easy to install. Strong setup with only needing to drill one hole cant beat that.

Reactions: GLOCKer

nonroader

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Capay Valley, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Ames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: W6JAA / GMRS: WRKV268
While I have not actually slid on mine, I was out with my son and came up over a step up which I hot a bit to hard. When the truck came down the drivers side slider landed on a rock, hard. No issues at all. So glad I replaced my factory steps as they would have pushed up into the cab body on that hit. Did a quick paint touchup after cleaning and good as new. Also really easy to install. Strong setup with only needing to drill one hole cant beat that.
Sounds like they did their job! I don’t necessarily want to do a radical build, but some protection from the rocks and high spots is definitely a must have. After looking around for a while, they appear to be the most low profile (hug the edge of the body) look available as of yet. They look good on your rig.

Reactions: RVA Overland

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I have not put this particular set, on this truck, to the test yet. But I have been with others who run these on Rangers who have had plenty of hits on them. I have never had/seen an issue with Shockworks stuff; which is why I also got their full skid package.