John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Here is my 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 I purchased February, 2nd 2019. There was not a lot I could do to it when I bought it as the aftermarket scene was lacking. I was then sent to the UK for a work assignment in January 2020 and did not return till July. I have since been adding to the truck.

Attachments

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
First was to get a little clearance on the front. I went with the Fox 2.0 coil overs. I ordered them in July and still waiting for the rear shocks to show up. The last picture is a before after.

Attachments

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Next thing I needed to do was replace the front floor mats with floor liners. I went with the Husky X-Act Contours.

Attachments

Reactions: onescott01

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
I hate how the tailgate just drops open so I put a dampener on and it is so far my favorite addition

Attachments

Reactions: onescott01

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
I wanted to give it a little more aggressive look so I installed the raptor grill with amber lights. Not sure if I like it though.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Not a fan of the way "ford" sits on the grill. To bold maybe? I'd black out the original logo. I prefer the original grill.
Nice looking truck though. Cool colour
Yeah, I think you're right about that grill. I will probably end up going back to stock and maybe getting the blacked out Ford badge. I might try to swap the amber lights over though.

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Was kicking around a few different routes to go with the bed and landed on the softtopper.

As for the radio I haven’t got it installed yet. Finding a grommet has been a pain but once I found one I don’t have enough cable on the antenna mount so waiting for a extension to show up. Also if anyone has any suggestions on installing/routing the radio and antenna I'm all ears.

Attachments

Reactions: slightNine

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

There are two a/c exhaust vents on the back of the cab. I ran mine out there and up to the top. If you go this route leave a loop of the cable going down on the outside of the vent so that water doesn't follow it in.

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Finally got the Yaesu Ftm400 in the truck a few months ago. I punched through the rubber surrounding the wire loom behind the break pedal. For the handset I opted to try using a Niteize Steelie ball which I highly recommend. For the head unit just have it in the Ram X

Attachments

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
New wheels and tires on. I went with 285/70/17 BFG KO2s on AlphaEquipt Command wheels with a +35 offset. I had to remove the intrusion/crash bars. I replaced them with the ReadyLift intrusion beams. They are thinner than stock but have strengthened ridges so by theory may be stronger. Hopefully I never find out.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

John,
How's the life and how's the truck? You enjoying those 285's? I'm heading up to Kalkaska area tomorrow and came on here to see if anything was going on around there, figured I would drop you a line while I am here.

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
How’s it been? Life’s good and the tires are holding up nice. Been on about 4 or 5 trips with them and they’ve done well. We just did two trips last month on the northern section of the Kentucky adventure tour and the Daniel Boone backcountry byway. Those were pretty good. We doing another run the weekend after thanksgiving back down there and we are in the works right now planing a December trip either to land between the lakes or northern section of the KAT. You should come down for one.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

Good to hear. I'd enjoy coming down for a trip. I won't be able to until after the new year at the least, probably more like March. Work stuff. I still want to get down to the Red River Gorge area, too. If you are planning anything for next spring or later and have room for another vehicle, let me know!

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Done a few things since last post. Nothing too crazy but have swapped the Softtopper out for a Go Fast Camper. The Softtopper was/is great but the the GFC provides another level of security and comfortable consistent sleeping.

Attachments

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Nice! Looks great! Any drawbacks that you're finding with the GFC?
Thanks. Haven’t noticed too many drawbacks compared to the softtopper other than the price difference and weight. Although it only weighs about 240 it is still a lot more than the softtopper. For the price I justified by adding up a quality rack and clamshell style hardtop RTT. Wasn’t too much of a difference and still not have the ability to stand up with “living” space. So far haven’t noticed a hit in mpg or road noise.