Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
New tires came in today! This was one of the hardest choices I have had to make in a while. There are so many subjective reviews of soooo many tires. I just went with the KO2's as they seem to have the best reviews all around and were available. Went with 285/75r17's, so a 34" tire. Can't wait to get my method roost wheels in soon!

View attachment 162137

I agree that picking a tire that will work for your needs is difficult. I think you made a good choice for an all around tire, I have a set of these for my Willys and they work and wear well.

I'm wondering is why you only got 4 tires instead of 5, if you ever need the spare the size difference will give you problems not to mention the big difference in traction.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Great looking rig.
How do you like the Bilstien level kit Offroad? Any rubbing at full tuck and turning?
I am still looking at the different brands and styles and levels of suspension. Don't want any more than 2" or 3".
Just a little side note. Looks like you still have the air dam mounted when off road. I believe it comes off pretty easy, like 6 screws. That will cut down on the scraping in the front.
I love the bilsteins so far. I went with the 6112/5160's over the standard 5100's and i am so glad I did. The ride is great on the road, better handling of bumps on the highway. The did great off road as well as expected. I think at this point i want to actually ad a small block spacer or add a leaf on the rear for a little more height when loaded. No rubbing at all lock to lock.

We drove from florida to georgia, and then to north carolina to see family and back home. I left the air damn on for the highway mileage. It's so soft and plyable i really wasn't worried about it scraping.

Reactions: Traxx

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
I agree that picking a tire that will work for your needs is difficult. I think you made a good choice for an all around tire, I have a set of these for my Willys and they work and wear well.

I'm wondering is why you only got 4 tires instead of 5, if you ever need the spare the size difference will give you problems not to mention the big difference in traction.
I went with 4 so i could I could try and find the same size tire in a cheaper alternative as a spare. The cost of another KO2 as a spare that will likely not get used was hard to swallow, especially if i decide to go to a different size or brand next. I'm considering going to a 315 next time, and likely a KM3 or similar tire depending on how much more mud we see with the KO2's. They definitely pack up and thats probably their only issue.

Reactions: Traxx

Peccavi18

Rank III

Advocate I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Rogus
I don't know if you have remidied your bed cover issues or not but I picked up a Gator ETX soft roll up tonneau for $200 of Amazon. It's a low profile inside the bed tonneau cover that leaves the whole top of the bed rails open. It does stick into the bed alittle more than I wanted but I got this with plans to get some kind of rack. So far no issues or leaking but I have plans of some water proof Husky Boxes from Home Depot for gear storage and organization.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
I don't know if you have remidied your bed cover issues or not but I picked up a Gator ETX soft roll up tonneau for $200 of Amazon. It's a low profile inside the bed tonneau cover that leaves the whole top of the bed rails open. It does stick into the bed alittle more than I wanted but I got this with plans to get some kind of rack. So far no issues or leaking but I have plans of some water proof Husky Boxes from Home Depot for gear storage and organization.
Haven't really done much of any modding lately. Trying to essentially completely rebuild my 335i has taken up any spare time i get from my toddler, lol. I think we are getting an Lr4 possibly for the wife, so that opens up the possibilities for me doing the rack i wanted anyways and still getting to have the benefits of having an enclosed SUV as well.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Picked up a 2011 LR4 for the wife. Now I can mod the truck further without worrying about her hating it, and I get the LR4 to modify! Best of both worlds.

63734866177__FCD035F7-5F0D-4D10-BC41-8A916A4DCFED.jpg
IMG_5780.jpg

Looking forward to getting some proper all terrains on the LR4, and likely swapping to some 18" wheels. Still can't believe there aren't many manufacturers of wheels for the land rovers.