2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2

• HTML tutorial

MarkK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

Still relatively mild - compared to most stuff I do this will be the closest to stock (wonder how long that'll last...). Note the vehicle is on a 2" lift with full locking front and rear diffs from the factory so that makes it a little easier.

So Far:

AEV "Snorkel"
Leitner Bed Rack System with 2 Small Tool Boxes and 2 Accessories Mounts with RotoPax
Rocky Road Outfitter Sliders (wanted more step then the stock sliders)
RokBlokz Mud Flaps (on an off road vehicle ... omg)

Next up :
Mount my winch behind the bumper.
Front light bar - and I a need 100% duty cycle lights for DRLs
More rack storage and power generation with 2nd battery - I'd like to get a solar panel on a cab mounted roof rack. Trying to decide between Prinsu (cab) or Rhino Rack (cab and over bed rack).

Notes:
With the Leitner rack the front horizontal support is fixed and the rear is not - the rear can be moved all the way up front so the bed is still usable for hauling tall stuff.

Last edited:

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
I really like the look of the ZR2's, cant wait to follow along with your mods. I am looking at upgrading to a 2020 Tacoma or the ZR2. I just haven't decided which yet.

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
I like your "tuxedo truck"! My Z71 is the same way (White with a Black Bowtie)

I am also pretty much leaving mine stock and just adding what I need as I go. I did remove the front air dam, installed OEM (ZR2 style) skids, some used (like new) rock sliders off of a ZR2, and put a diamondback bed cover on order yesterday. All I will be doing after that is putting together a system for trips/camping for a family of 4.

I look forward to reading up on your build and hearing your stories! Subscribed...

Reactions: JCWages and MarkK

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I didn't realize the rear bar was removeable. That's really handy for loading mountain bikes over the tailgate on a short bed!

JPRatJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ratledge
Member #

Service Branch
Marine corps
Does the new ZR2 come with a front locker or just the rear?