2017 Tacoma TRD and AT Habitat Buildout

• HTML tutorial

Mrod

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR
Member #

New member, but wanted to share my build (in progress).

The base is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.
I have added:
a second battery (using the Off-Grid Engineering battery holder and a National Luna charge system)
a Switch-Pros 8100 Smart Switching System with the SDHQ OEM panel replacement
CBI Off-Road Ditch light brackets with Rigid 2x2s
Rough Country 30" stealth light bar mounted under the grill

and, of course, the AT Habitat.

I have built out the back of the Habitat to include storage drawers and cabinet, sink, water storage (3 gal), and drain system, as well as a toilet (Thetford 550). I have a couple of things left to build (Stove/fridge slider, pantry), and bumpers and winch).

Starting a few trips and planning more.
IMG_4845.jpg IMG_4983.jpg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

YF_Ryan

Rank 0

Traveler I

That looks great. What size cutting board did you use for the countertop? Same question for sink. Ordered our Habitat a lil while back, can't wait to pick it up. So many options for what to do inside. Thanks for sharing.

Mrod

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR
Member #

I actually used two cutting boards. I was able to find one large enough in HDPE, but not wood. I cut the two to size and glued them together. I mounted one of the end cuts as a backsplash.

I couldn’t find a sink I liked, so I bought a stainless serving container from a restaurant supply store, drilled a hole and mounted a bar sink drain. Total cost was about $25.

YF_Ryan

Rank 0

Traveler I

I noticed the backsplash, it's perfect. Small sinks can be crazy expensive, and never seem to be in a dimension that makes sense.

Thanks again, and I hope to see more pics!

Reactions: Mrod