2016 Ram 2500 Build

• HTML tutorial

Influencer II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Haskins
Been on here awhile lurking and watching builds. Getting ideas and so on. First off I don’t think this is a true overland only build. This is my daily driver, and it has to work for a living. Usually the bed is filled with 2500lbs of tools and towing a 16’ dump trailer. I’m a deck contractor specializing in composite decking installations in the Charleston SC area. The idea behind my setup is to pull the boat to the mountain lakes a few times a summer. Get away from the oppressive heat and humidit. We like to wakesurf, hydrofoi, and camp on the lake. So it needs to be comfortable and convenient for my wife to enjoy. We leave the boat anchored off our spot, chill at the site or on the beaches. During the colder months, do some of the nice drives to hike in the mountains. Never really anything hardcore, since is a big truck. Still thinking and designing storage and kitchen setups. Just need to be easily removable for work. Always looking for ideas. Not new to camping. Grew up tent and RV camping, primitive camping. Just new to this kind of setup.

anyways here is what I’ve done so far.

2016 Ram 2500 CTD crewcab long bed
Carli 3.5 Backcountry Suspension
Wicked Customs Dual Steering Stabilzer
Airlift Wireless One 5000 airbags mounted only to frame and lower in a Daystar Cradle for suspension movement when empty.
35x11.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Amp Research Steps and bed steps
Voodoo Fabrications bed rack mounted on a Retrax tonneau cover
Iceco 75d Fridge/freezer combo and slide
Allpowers 2400w power station. Runs the fridge and lights all weekend if needed.
23zero Walkabout 87 RTT—super nice with light suppression technology
23zero annex with floor
Overland Vehicle System 270 awning- also use for work to set up chopsaw station under.
‘Prinsu Roof rack
Chassis Unlimited Octane Winch series bumper
Smittybilt X20 GEN3 12k winch with Synthetic line
Rigid Industries Dually Cubes in bumper.
Laveo waterless toilet
Zerobreeze AC system
various kitchen supply’s and grills

Attachments

Influencer II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Haskins
Heading to the lake next weekend. needed some better lighting. So added LED light strips to the bottom of the Awning arms. I did RGB ones so I can play with colors, and have yellow if it is buggy

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Been on here awhile lurking and watching builds. Getting ideas and so on. First off I don’t think this is a true overland only build. This is my daily driver, and it has to work for a living. Usually the bed is filled with 2500lbs of tools and towing a 16’ dump trailer. I’m a deck contractor specializing in composite decking installations in the Charleston SC area. The idea behind my setup is to pull the boat to the mountain lakes a few times a summer. Get away from the oppressive heat and humidit. We like to wakesurf, hydrofoi, and camp on the lake. So it needs to be comfortable and convenient for my wife to enjoy. We leave the boat anchored off our spot, chill at the site or on the beaches. During the colder months, do some of the nice drives to hike in the mountains. Never really anything hardcore, since is a big truck. Still thinking and designing storage and kitchen setups. Just need to be easily removable for work. Always looking for ideas. Not new to camping. Grew up tent and RV camping, primitive camping. Just new to this kind of setup.

anyways here is what I’ve done so far.

2016 Ram 2500 CTD crewcab long bed
Carli 3.5 Backcountry Suspension
Wicked Customs Dual Steering Stabilzer
Airlift Wireless One 5000 airbags mounted only to frame and lower in a Daystar Cradle for suspension movement when empty.
35x11.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Amp Research Steps and bed steps
Voodoo Fabrications bed rack mounted on a Retrax tonneau cover
Iceco 75d Fridge/freezer combo and slide
Allpowers 2400w power station. Runs the fridge and lights all weekend if needed.
23zero Walkabout 87 RTT—super nice with light suppression technology
23zero annex with floor
Overland Vehicle System 270 awning- also use for work to set up chopsaw station under.
‘Prinsu Roof rack
Chassis Unlimited Octane Winch series bumper
Smittybilt X20 GEN3 12k winch with Synthetic line
Rigid Industries Dually Cubes in bumper.
Laveo waterless toilet
Zerobreeze AC system
various kitchen supply’s and grills
Nice truck, and boat! I'm guessing the beast won't fit in the garage... :tearsofjoy:

Influencer II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Haskins
Put the truck in the shop for a few upgrades last week. Now usually I do everything on my vehicles. Once bought, they never go back to the dealership. this Is an exception. I’m having the ring and pinion regeared. I’ve never done it before, don’t have the tools, and truly makes me a bit nervous. So the Cummins is going in for a change from 3.42’s to 4.10s factory gear sets. My truck is used for everything. Road trips, working daily with a full bed of construction tools and towing my 16’ dump trailer. Then on the weekends the Nautique to the local landings or up to the mountain lakes. The 3.42’s with 35’s were not working real good. And now I’m moving up to 37’s this week. So the need to change gears. I will post pics of the new wheels and tires later this week