itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

2015 T4R SR5 Premium 4x4
Super White with 3rd Row
The 3rd Row prevented me from getting the Trail I wanted, as this was the mandate from the wife. If I wanted a 4Runner build, I also had to sell my 2011 FJ. Time to start the 4Runner build!

My 2011 FJ:

Finding a Blizzard White in an SR5-P with 3rd row was a challenge. Only 2 matching vehicles were in CA and Nevada. Thankfully, my local Toyota dealership's GM (and owners nephew) is a friend of mine, and took the time to secure the trade. Took 5 days for them to get it due to the other dealer not wanting to let it go.

Finally had it just after Thanksgiving:

Updated Pics 4.21.16

Aiden James Customs DRLs

DRLs OFF

Fender Fitment

Opposite Fender

Couple More

Mods:

Exterior:
Front Lower Valence Painted Flat Black
Rear Logo and Emblem Painted Black
TRD Pro/Trail Scooped Hood
TRD Pro Badges
TRD Pro Garnish & Grill
CamelBack Metal Full Roof Rack
Hi-Lift Jack Mount
Hi-Lift 42"
TRED 1100s- Neon Green
Fourtreks Dual Shovel/Axe Mounts
Kobalt Shovel and Axe
Warrocket T4R.org Grill Badge
FJ Summit 9 Grill Badge
Overland Bound Member #6666

Interior:
TRD Pro Shift Knob
OEM All Weather Floor Mats
Canadian 3rd Row Cargo Mat
ScanGauge II mounted with Tacoma Ashtray Mount in Lower Console
Slee Offroad Zombie Lights and Rear Light Switches
PIAA Harness for Roof Lights
QuickFist Mounts for Flashlight- Rear Compartment
Fire Extinguisher Mounted- Rear Compartment
CanvasBack Rear Cargo Covers- Black
Salex Center Console Organizer

Suspension/Armor/Wheels/Tires:
Toyota TRD Pro Wheels, Matte Grey- 17"
SpiderTraxx 1.25" Spacers - All 4 Sides
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T LT 285/70/17 E-Load Tires
Toytec 3" Lift- Bilstein 5100's- Toytec Springs
Differential Drop
Light Racing UCA's
Airlift 1000 Airbag Support- Rear Helper Springs
Shrockworks Sliders with Dimpled Step Plates

Performance:
aFe Drop in Dry Air Filter
FJNEWB Scuba Mod
B&M Auxiliary Transmission Cooler #70264
FTS Snorkel Painted Trim Black

Electronics:
OEM Entune Premium with Nav
Crux Interface Adapter
Camera Override Dongle & AOB Reverse Camera Switch - http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/214681-plug-play-rear-camera-override-dongle.html#post2271538
USB mounted in Glove Box for iPod from Entune System
OEM Brake Control Harness with Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
(2) PIAA Light Harness
42" CREE Dual Row LED Lightbar
(2) 9" CREE Dual Row Lightbars (REAR)
Air on Board (AOB) Switches
3' Firestik CB Antenna and Cobra CB
Compustar Remote Start - EZGO Keyless Entry - DRONE Mobile
Aiden James Customs DRL's

Coming soon:
Smittybuilt X20 Comp Winch
SSO Slimline Hybrid w/ hoop and 30" Rigid SR

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

My previous 3rd Gen 4Runner Sport - Sold with 260,000 - I regret selling it and not keeping for a later build
STOCK

After Satoshi

Loaded for camping!

Reactions: maxfederle89

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Airlift 1000s and the Light Racing UCA's

Airlift 1000s, and the 2 valves mounted:

UCA's

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Link to Slideshow Album for Roofrack:
Album

A Few Pics!

CHP controlled stopped the highway to run power lines over the freeway. Just my luck being the front of the pack :(

Upon Arrival:

Beautiful Design!

Alex even took off my stock rack. He asked me to do it, but with the heavy wet fog, and the rain, I was reluctant to have the possibility of leaking.

Reactions: H60Flyer

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

A few other shots

This weirded me out......

Installed the 32" Lightbar... Promptly Ordered a 42", which will be here at end of week... Too SMALL!

Reactions: H60Flyer

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Installed Pathfinder Outdoors FTS Snorkel:
Thanks Nathan
FTS 5th Gen Snorkel Kit Toyota 4Runner

Received the snorkel, well packaged, and fast!
Fiberglass Snorkel- Wasn't fond of the fact that it was fiberglass, but willing to take the chance! Well made, and seemed to look as if it would fit well. Not fond of the Snorkel Intake Head. Have a universal, more Safari looking one coming today.

Decided the glossy look of the fiberglass painted was not going to fit my 4Runner look. I painted it the Dupli-color Bumper Trim Flat Black that I have been using for years on my FJ and 4Runner. It will match the rest of the trim perfectly AND when I paint my Fender Trim, it will be a perfect match!
Painted using Duple-Color Bumper Trim:

You can see the difference in finish, as here is the underside
NOTE:
As seen in the below picture, I made my own headless anchor bolts. I simply went to Lowes, obtained the M8 x 1.25 in an 1 1/2" length and cut them carefully with the Dremel, and verify threads before mounting to the Snorkel. I then used loctite-red and used the supplied washer that came with the kit, and added the appropriate lock washer and nut. Made it MUCH easier for placement and install. I would have fought this trying to find the hole through the fender blindly. It also helped to make sure the Snorkel was placed correctly AND that all holes lined up:

Begin the Drilling. I forgot to get a picture of the template laid on fender. It is a tricky template as you simply line it to the top of the Fender trim, and hope for correct placement. Once I felt lucky, I center punched the holes:

Drilled smaller pilot holes before using the Step Bit to achieve a 9/16" hole:

9/16"

At this point, I removed some of the fender liner bolts and peeled down the fender liner to gain access to the inner fender. Only needed to remove the top 3, and one on the upper side towards the passenger compartment. This made it easy to get my arm up.

Removal of airbox should be done as well:

Time to cut a 3 7/8" hole. Rather than buy a new hole saw, I reused the 4 1/8" that I had from installing a snorkel on my FJ. Seemed like it wouldn't make a big difference, as a 4" hole was also suggested from Pathfinder.
NOTE:
It is best to drill using the upper fender angle first, as there is more fender to cut. If you use the lower, more straight up and down angle, it will be much harder to cut when you hit the upper part of the fender. You can see what I mean in pics below.

Continued Below

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Test Fit, just hanging on the Anchor studs. Looks good enough to tighten down!

Tightened Down:

I used a silicone tube that was left over from another install, to go over the FTS inlet and the stock airbox connection. I will probably RTV at some point, but the connection is pretty water tight for now. Stock airbox fit over the FTS inlet perfectly. The holes and alignment, much to my surprise, was PERFECT. The inlet from the FTS (seen in above post) was perfectly centered in the opening:

Tightened Down:

FTS Snorkel Head attached. Safari ABS style coming today.
NOTE:
The Plate that attaches to the A Pillar is supplied with silver bolts. I will be painting, as the silver ruins the look. Also note that the plate will need to be built up with double sided tape, as it does NOT lay flat to A Pillar. FTS supplies one layer of double sided tape, AND self tapping screws. The screws could not be used in my case as the plate is about 5/8" from A Pillar. I also used one 6" piece of double sided tape along the snorkel back, from just below where the head attaches, and down the snorkel.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Installed some LED DRL's last night. Here are a few iPhone pictures of my dirty 4Runner after the install last night.
The lights are from Aiden James Customs
Home

They were very easy to install, and the directions were very good, and precise. Took me about 2.5 hours, but that is because I took my time, and made sure all wiring was zip tied, hidden and looked factory.

The kit that Aiden James gives is AMAZING quality! OEM foglight housing, with LED's already installed, and wired beautifully! VERY quality work, up to my standards, by far! The kit also comes with the correct length of wiring, loomed, and all connections ready to connect, and VERY self explanatory, especially with the very detailed instructions. Trickiest part was separating the relay box bottom from the housing to tap a wire in that box. It was easy, but I wanted to make sure not to break tabs.

Very happy with the kit and customer service. Only downside to ordering was the 7-10 day custom-made-to-order wait time that really took 25 days.... BUT SO WORTH IT! New version is available, which I will install shortly!

Lights OFF