• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@b0wfin Ouch, poor little dude! Seems to be a trucker though. Must have been a hard fall in order to break a bone.

It's truly awesome how quickly the human body regenerates itself. It's a blessing from God that it does, 'cause if we were machines, we'd always be in the shop for some thing or other, ha ha!

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Perfecting my Honda Pilot Lift Setup

This is the latest iteration of my Honda Pilot lift setup.

-HRG 1inch subframe drop
-Flatout suspension lift struts up front (still working through clunking issue after second set)
-Custom 3 1/4" lift spacers in the rear paired with Moog 81649 springs
-Firestone W237604135 Coil-Rite Kit in rear

I have been running 235-85-16 MT tires for a while. They require cutting and can hit the springe perch. They work well on flat ground to moderate hills. On steep inclines gearing becomes an issue.

I am moving back to 245-75-16 tires as the best all around fit for 1st gen Pilots.

So far the current stance is exactly what I am looking for. Slight rake back to front with the ability to adjust the rear height with the air springs while carrying a load or towing our boat.

Last edited:

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I have haven't had any issues with cv life in the rear. In fact one of mine is still original after 280k miles! This is likely because they don't steer/turn like the front axles do.

I used MOOG RK100106 Control Arms in the rear and MOOG K90476 Camber bolts in the front.

I am running 62201 Tuff Country 62201 Sx6000 Shock Absorbers in the rear due to the increased travel of my suspension the rear swaybar deleted.

Reactions: DintDobbs

DintDobbs

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@b0wfin Looking good! Gearing is usually the limiting factor in a truck's configuration. You've definitely put in the work perfecting your rig. I don't think I've seen a more impressive Pilot anywhere.

berad24

Rank I

Contributor III

Roseville
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Thompson
I tried to post on youtube but my comments weren't showing up. I have a stock 2008 pilot. I want to put same struts as you. Honda Pilot Lift Suspension [GR Lite]. I will go with the 245-75-16 tire size just not sure which one yet. I live in California so if you have any suggestions(I watched the video you posted). Was wondering if I need a lift kit with spacers or if I can lift my pilot enough with the struts. Also thinking about keeping stock wheels. Thoughts on above questions?

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I tried to post on youtube but my comments weren't showing up. I have a stock 2008 pilot. I want to put same struts as you. Honda Pilot Lift Suspension [GR Lite]. I will go with the 245-75-16 tire size just not sure which one yet. I live in California so if you have any suggestions(I watched the video you posted). Was wondering if I need a lift kit with spacers or if I can lift my pilot enough with the struts. Also thinking about keeping stock wheels. Thoughts on above questions?
Sorry for the delay! I would purchase a 2.5-3" spacer for the rear if you choose to go the Flatout suspension route. The adjustability of Flatout is useful, but based on my experience I would recommend oem stock struts with the HRG ultimate lift +245-75-16 tires for most Pilot owners.

Reactions: aggrex

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The old Pilot is up to 290k and still rolling! However our latest Florida trip was mired with a few mechanical issues. Our accelerator pedal sensor started failing and our AC compressor died....
Less than ideal with 8 Passengers in the vehicle. On top of it all our trailer had a blowout.

All issues have been resolved and the adventure continued despite the setbacks.

If you care to check out the vlogs here they are. I highly recommend the second video.

OG_Zuninja

Rank I

Contributor II

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Nunya
Considering the previous owner of my Pilot used those Detroit Axle brakes on mine, I can safely say they are "meh". They work okay for daily driver duties but I'll be switching to either Hawk or EBC sometime soon. They are definitely not my first choice.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Considering the previous owner of my Pilot used those Detroit Axle brakes on mine, I can safely say they are "meh". They work okay for daily driver duties but I'll be switching to either Hawk or EBC sometime soon. They are definitely not my first choice.
Good to know, I will certainly put them to the test. New brakes + new rotors has to be better than what I have now.

Reactions: OG_Zuninja

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Let me know if you have any video suggestions for our new channel Gotter Garage! We already have 43 videos and counting! A subscription would really help us out!

Last edited:

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

This is our first video from Overland South 2024.

This was all my fault, but at least this time I was able to self recover.
My custom winch mount held and the Warn Axon 55s did the work using a double line pull.

Last edited: