Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Bought a 2005 Sequoia SR5 with 135xxx miles, being a Cali truck, frame and underside beautiful, interior great, tiny exterior ding, took it out a bit, stock, loved it. Bought this as my Jeep does not let me carry enough stuff and the wife (some say that is a good thing LOL) or dogs or dad..... So far I like it.....

Some future plans are (not in Order):
Fix E brake
Fix Steering Wobble

Add second battery
Lift kit
Rear platform
Lockers F and R
Upgraded brakes
Timing Belt and Water Pump
New tires
New Wheels

Swing Out Carrier
Winch
Rock Sliders
Relocate Diff Air Vent
Check Timing Belt/Replace
Sell 3rd Row Seats
Roof Rack

Exterior Lights
More.....

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
August (of course) the a/c took a poop, long story, cost $1900 but everything is new, great and under warranty. Blows nice and cold front and rear!

End of October I Took the tree in for Firestones (Tires Plus in Reno) lifetime alignment.

Took the Tree in to a couple shops for the wobble, could not find anything, suggested tires, wheels bad, Bought a used set of K02 on factory wheels, still got same wobble.....

Got a deal on brand new larger K02's and wheels, went to 33", had some rubbing and took care of that (Wheels are -6 off set, which from the factory 15 = 21mm difference outward).

Still have wobble, angry I took it to Toyota, who said it would be $155 diagnostic fee to track the wobble, check timing belt and check E brake issues. After a couple days Talked to service manager who said everything is great except there is a little play in the rack and pinion, but he wants to eliminate alignment and balance before the expense of R&P.... Was told about the E brake and it was repaired, timing belt was changed but no mileage was noted so not sure when, belt looks good. (will get a new one soon just to be safe). Asked what I owed, was told no charge. WOW!!!

I was going to get another free alignment (Best deal around, one time fee, all alignments free for life-Firestone, look for coupon also) but it would be a week so I called Toyota back as schedules a $90 alignment and balance check since they did no9t charge me the $155 above. Alignment done, slight adjustment. Tires/wheels balanced good. Wobble still there. Rack and pinion is next. Went to pay and again no charge. WOW what a dealer!!!

Talked to Toyota and decided to buy own R&P and lift kit and have them do it all at once and save some labor. First week of December is appointment. Parts all in except R&P due in few days.

Here is the dealers web: Fallon Ford-Toyota
Added them to App.

Jim

Last edited:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Only one manufacture TSB for steering. You can call Toyota and ask them what this is. (some sort of sensor on the rack maybe?)
2005 Toyota Sequoia Steering Service Bulletin 225429

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Got all my parts in (Lift, UCA, R&P, Diff Relo, Tie Rod Ends) and install in process.....
IMG_0274.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Well Saturday morning I get my rock sliders welded and built, soo glad to have found my new fab guy!

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Was driving and took a cloverleaf ramp from I80 to Hwy395 here in Reno, going slow and the dang VSS system engaged, braking and sounding a beeping alarm with a yellow VSS idiot light, this about made me soil me rather clean undies!
Did some reading fount there is a gyro under the console and a steering end point sensor and both should be xero point calibrated after a lift.....SO I called my favorite dealer in the world, Fallon Ford & Toyota who has treated me like a part owner and never charged me for so many job/maint....Plug over. Anyway they calibrated both, again for no charge. Will be a bit before I head into Reno again to try the curve but I feel this is cured.

Jim

Reactions: Boort

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Trying to find a roof rack, oscillated between low profile or tall, short or long, finically decided full length and tall so I can accommodate more stuff up there,,,,, Now to find one for cheap.

Bought some tire deflaters and need to set them, (got a set for my jeep and really like this style), but it is freezing out lately so I aint done it yet.....