2005 Toyota 4Runner Mods, Kits, Roof Rack, Awning, Shelves, Bed, drawer systems plan request

• HTML tutorial

RHSmitty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
RH
Last Name
Smith
Hi Everyone,
New to overland. Love the page & forums. I am just now kitting out my 4Runner for overlanding. All I've done is a lift kit. I need a lot of things, starting off with a good foundation and roof rack. Any suggestions to sites/distributers? I'd like to build as much of it myself, so links to plans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Cheers

Red Mountain

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Red Mountain Alabama
First Name
David
Last Name
Commer
Member #

Welcome, and you’ll find that resourceful people here can offer great advice. Sounds like you have a good start with upgraded suspension, maybe good tires next. There are a couple of 4Runner specific sites that I found helpful for my 4Runner, which is now my son’s, but I do not know how to provide you with those links. Happy Trails and enjoy your 4 Runner.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Hi Everyone,
New to overland. Love the page & forums. I am just now kitting out my 4Runner for overlanding. All I've done is a lift kit. I need a lot of things, starting off with a good foundation and roof rack. Any suggestions to sites/distributers? I'd like to build as much of it myself, so links to plans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Cheers
I'm working with this guy to have a platform built for my 5th gen. He sells plans for his basic builds. Not sure if you're wanting to pay for that info but I'll link it anyway.