Rank III

Enthusiast III

Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

You know what, people don’t appreciate the first expeditions.

They have a solid rear axle, the seats fold all the way flat, and they fit a queen size mattress/pad.

Stock, I’ve been up and down wild, difficult terrain.

I’ve studied, slept, hauled, climbed, travelled, and rescued in this unsuspecting rough draft built by FORD 25+ years ago.

It’s been a caravan leader, solo ship, bike shuttle, surf wagon, and shag carpet transporter.

It carries my stuff, my trash, my dog, my wife.

It hides solar panels, totes lights, has curtains, and blends into urban and rural environments.

Attachments

RichenFamous

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Krenzler
Member #

The 1st Gen Expeditions were on my short list but found a smokin’ deal locally for a GX470 that I couldn’t pass up and have been building it up over the last year.
I drove an Exped for a few years for work and loved it. Roomy, comfy, good power, nothing I didn’t like except it was hard to find one locally that wasn’t blinged out or completely roached. Glad you have one and put it to use!

Reactions: PickUpYourTrash

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Used to have a 2001 Expedition. Hauled myself, wife, 3 kids and a dual axle car trailer with an 85 convertible Mustang from south Texas to central Missouri. Had to keep looking back to make sure the trailer was still attached as it pulled it so effortlessly.

Reactions: PickUpYourTrash

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Used to have a 2001 Expedition. Hauled myself, wife, 3 kids and a dual axle car trailer with an 85 convertible Mustang from south Texas to central Missouri. Had to keep looking back to make sure the trailer was still attached as it pulled it so effortlessly.

Mine needs some TLC for sure. Something about a well used 25+ year drivetrain, and it just keeps going!

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

The 1st Gen Expeditions were on my short list but found a smokin’ deal locally for a GX470 that I couldn’t pass up and have been building it up over the last year.
I drove an Exped for a few years for work and loved it. Roomy, comfy, good power, nothing I didn’t like except it was hard to find one locally that wasn’t blinged out or completely roached. Glad you have one and put it to use!
Any big plans that you had for the rig I can materialize?