Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

Getting started on this build. Need a wiring harness for the drivers side front door. If anyone can help me find one it would be greatly appreciated. Here's what the previous owner did to the door wiring.

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Hmm... I think I've seen this movie. Make sure to cut the yellow and pink at the same time, otherwise you'll be wiping your butt with a stainless steel hook. LOL

What are your plans for her?

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

Expedition rig. Been wanting a LC for a while now. Found a wiring harness so I won't have to worry about not cutting the blue wire or any others. Haha! The fun is just beginning. Will have to replace tires as we found dry rot.

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

New wheels. One step at a time
Next week, rear seal replacement, then timing belt cover gasket. Tune up (need better mileage than 9.75). New wiring harnesses are in just waiting on window controls and bezel to come in.

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

New wheels. One step at a time
Next week, rear seal replacement, then timing belt cover gasket. Tune up (need better mileage than 9.75). New wiring harnesses are in just waiting on window controls and bezel to come in.

Digging the NASCAR wheels! Taking good shape [emoji106]

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

New wiring harnesses in all 4 doors and the new in dash wiring harness. The previous owner butchered all of these harnesses. It was Texas Chainsaw Massacre in there along with amateur hour. But we are getting there. We have redone the rear seal, timing chain gasket and the valve cover gasket. And! Fixed the stereo. Just about there.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR

Getting started on this build. Need a wiring harness for the drivers side front door. If anyone can help me find one it would be greatly appreciated. Here's what the previous owner did to the door wiring.

So sorry you have to deal with THAT (kind of got sick to my stomach looking) more like a seen from a horror movie!!!!!

Reactions: SGT1215

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Very nice! Axle rebuild is right of passage. Although that's nothing for you I'd guess since you've have to deal with the Dash wiring harness massacre. Keep it up. 93's are the best year btw ;)

Reactions: SGT1215

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

While putting the last bolt on the driver front hub I broke the bolt off then I broke the extractor off in the hole. Had to take that in and have a shop drill it out. It appears it was amateur hour in the hubs too. Found what appears to be silicone to keep the hubs from leaking. The passenger hub had a bad seal due to a screwdriver used to pull out the old axle shaft seal. Finally have the hubs done. I'm on a first name basis with the parts guys at Red McCombs Toyota. One last part to finish them up. Oil pan gaskets are next, then the oil pump o-ring AC compressor later in the Spring. Then to finish the wiring and install lights and a new stereo (thanks to my lovely wife's Christmas present). Once that's done, repair the seats and then to start the fun stuff with new bumpers, a lift etc. Its been challenging but a great deal of fun. Thank you YouTube for the how to videos!!!!

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

One other tidbit. I'm asked all the time how much of the truck is original. So I think we've settled on a name for the beast. "Johnny" after Johnny Cash and his song "One Piece at a Time".

Reactions: k9sar

SGT1215

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Texas
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Arnwine
Member #

Finished!!! I only screwed up a. couple of times but we're back on the road!! The scary grinding noise I was hearing is now gone. WHEW!!