Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Definitely recommend renting one first. A couple of years ago I was enamored with the thought of a teardrop. We rented one for a long weekend and I did not enjoy the experience at all. I learned I'm too big to be scooting around on my butt across the bed. I (and the wife) like the tent much better. More room and being able to stand up was a bigger deal to us than I had thought. The galley also make for great pictures, but they are designed for one person cooking at a time. Not really designed for how we camp, but I really love how they look....:disappointed:

Reactions: Sparksalot

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Thumbs up on renting first!
Without an external “living space,” such as a pop up tent/shelter, long term travel in teardrops (say, a two weeks or more) is really only comfortable for one person. Additionally, that one person shouldn’t have any significant mobility or flexibility issues. Getting dressed or moving in/out of a small trailer requires a bit of gymnastics.
As a solo traveler, I converted the interior of my T@g into a mini bedroom: I removed the second mattress and beefed up the now single bed with a memory foam topper for comfort; covered the entire floor with double vapor barrier padding and Stainmaster carpet; built a 6” high wooden bedside table (found a plastic container that fits underneath perfectly for quick access to personal items - a couple strips of grip tape on the bottom keeps it from sliding); and added a two drawer storage unit for additional clothing storage. I also use open top plastic storage boxes, found in the kitchen section of Homegoods, in the small, built-in cabinets of the trailer. It affords easy access to certain clothing items, while keeping them organized. Another recommendation is using sturdy rubber bands on the hardware of facing cabinet doors to keep them from popping open on rough roads; the magnets are not always strong enough. My trailer is really comfy!

Reactions: Sparksalot