Lochbuie colorado
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Schabow
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Vet
I bought this Colorado last year with 6000 miles on it for a decent price. Traded in a jeep compass that I built out. As soon as I bought the truck, I started to plan my build. What was lucky I got the trail runner edition. That came with Rock Sliders, 2" Lift, Bison Front grill, 31" Goodyear Wrangler AT tires, and a really nice cross bed toolbox that I promptly sold.
This is what I have done so far. Really like the Wheels that came with, but I wanted them in black So I got them powder coated satin black. And I have to admit they look pretty sick.
Then I did a few things on the inside. I put a console safe in the console so I can keep my gun safe in the truck, and put Molle panels on the sides of the console. Then put Bilstein 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers to level out the truck.
I was able to save A little bit of money and use the Rhino Rack pioneer platform off of my old jeep compass all I had to do was install the backbone mounting system. I was also able to use my 270 awnings off my old jeep.
Then I had to decide what I was going to do in the truck bed. I went with a Leitner ACS classic bed rack. And a few accessories, such as a gear pod, a Hydro pod shower kit, Max Trax mounting brackets and a couple of the mounting plates to install my shovel and axe.
Then came my roof top tent. After a lot of consideration, I went with the Free Spirit Recreation Odyssey Series Rooftop Tent 55" wide. Then I upgraded to the memory foam air mattress.
Then I had a lot to think about with my rear Bumper, Iwas going to go with a bumper with a tire swing built into it, but I could not carry my bike on the back and be able to swing open the tire swing and drop the tailgate without hitting the bike rack. So, I went with DV8 bumper with a Dirtcom Trail Swing tire carrier, So I could attach my bike rack to the swing part of the tire swing and swing my tire and bike rack at the same time. I then bought an OEM wheel and tire to put on the tire swing. My tire swings to the left because my awning opens on the passenger side.
Next, I put in a Decked Drawer system in the truck bed. I also like to carry my fishing poles so I found a fishing pole carrier I could put on my roof rack I do not fly fish so it was hard to find a carrier for spinning rods, but I found one that Is perfect to carry five poles easily. It is made by Magnerak. It is a lockable fishing pole holder that holds five poles rigged and ready to fish. I love this fishing pole carrier. That is all I have done so far.
What comes next is An Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs And Icon stage 3 shocks with a 3" lift and 33" tires. But that may be awhile I'm broke now, time to save up some more money or win the lotto. This overland stuff is expensive.
Now come the pictures.
Thanks for looking.
5F60158A-A352-4ACB-AD9A-968236A5317E_1_105_c.jpeg17F7C37C-EAEF-4CE7-815D-0CD99F245888_1_105_c.jpeg67E1DC89-9F61-4ECD-BBF0-9183CF680EE5_1_105_c.jpegIMG_1358.jpegIMG_1329.jpegIMG_1353.jpegIMG_1522.jpegIMG_1549.jpegIMG_1554.jpegIMG_1555.jpegIMG_1593.jpegIMG_1626.jpegIMG_1643.jpegP1010039.jpegP1010171.jpegP1010340.jpegIMG_1652.jpegIMG_1650.jpegIMG_1656.jpegIMG_1653.jpegIMG_1654.jpegIMG_1661.jpegIMG_1662.jpeg

Attachments

MikeS420

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Lochbuie colorado
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Schabow
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Vet
Installed Led ltght bar, ditch lights and led scene lights on the back on each side of my bed rack. And put a switch pro to control eveything.
IMG_1876.jpegIMG_1882.jpegIMG_1871.jpeg

MikeS420

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Lochbuie colorado
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Schabow
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Vet
Did some suspension work I got tired if my truck feeling like a boat, so installed old man emu heavy duty leaf springs and shocks. I really can not believe how good the ride is now.IMG_1885.jpegIMG_1883.jpeg
Next im gong to work on my front end, in a few of weeks my new bumper will be here. Putting a chassis unlimited octane winch bumper. Then when that is installed I can put old man emu heavy duty springs and shocks on the front.
Next week when I get my bonus at work I will order my rear seat delete. Almost done.
Almost forgot Bulletpoint Mounting Systems for my phone, Zolio and ipad mount.IMG_1867.jpeg

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
After waiting almost 3 months I finally got my bumper. I installed it yesterday along with the winch and all the lights.
Next, I have everything together to install a 130AH lithium house battery system.

View attachment 276316
View attachment 276317
View attachment 276318
Awesome. It's coming together very nicely. The only thing I would do is swap the two yellows with the two outer lights in the edges of the bumpers. You will get more spread for fog then.